Shift: Night Shift (3PM to 12:30Am) Hours may vary based on customer demands.
Reports To: Night Shift Manager
Summary/Objective: The Team Lead position is part of the leadership team and will deal with the daily operations of assigned areas. This individual sets the tone for the entire team and needs to make fact based decisions keeping safety, quality, schedule, and cost in mind at all times. Team leads must have exceptional communication, leadership, and multitasking skills and performs well under pressure. A team lead provides motivation, feedback, structure, and sets the direction for the entire team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages day to day planning, operations, and problem solving to maximize production and product flow.
- Helps with the training, coaching and development of the team. Supports and strives for a cross-trained workforce.
- Works with area supervisor to monitor and schedule labor needs to meet capacity requirements and minimize unnecessary overtime.
- Leads the team in identifying, submitting, and implementing continuous improvements.
- Sets the example in work ethic, attendance, and the willingness to achieve company goals.
- Effectively communicates standard work and job instructions, audits the process and operators to ensure accuracy and builds skill levels. Works as a team to eliminate the potential of scrap and rework.
- Promotes 6S functions and looks for opportunities to initiate lean initiatives.
- Proactively communicates any constraints with supervisors, and/or other shop personal to minimize downtime.
- Must adapt well to continuous change and overcoming frequent obstacles.
- Look for innovative ways to meet or exceed our safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Provides constructive feedback to all teammates when needed. Plays an active role with peer reviews by supplying accurate and detailed information to the area supervisor.
- Monitors team member to assure they are supporting a safe work atmosphere. Proactively looks for ways to reduce and/or eliminate the potential of recordable, lost time, or personal injuries.
- Assist the area supervisor by helping communicate expectation, resolving personal issues, and fostering a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess strong team building skills
- Ability to make strategic decisions based on risks and benefits
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to generate and understand reports, spreadsheets, and charts to help communicate trends, goals, and current metrics
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and technical skills
- The ability to teach, train and coach others as needed
- Individual must be self-managed and able to work with little to no supervision, sets the example and demonstrates a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, and excellent work ethic.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will work in a manufacturing environment. The employee works near moving mechanical parts and in precarious places. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration, and sharp tooling or objects. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; the employee is required reach with hands and arms and may occasionally sit. This position requires the ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
This role has limited supervisory responsibility.
Applied offers competitive wages and benefits including:
Flexible Hours, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Sick Leave, Vacation, STD, LTD, Vision, 401(k) with match, Bonus Program
Applications are being taken at, or resume can be sent in confidence to:
Applied Engineering, Inc, 2008 East Hwy 50, Yankton, SD 57078