Applied Engineering, Inc., located in Yankton, SD, is a growing, world-class manufacturer of precision machined aluminum components and assemblies for the defense, communication, electronic, and aerospace industries. Applied uses advanced machine tool and robotic technology and technological know-how to supply precision machined components and assemblies to our customers.
We have an Electro-mechanical Maintenance Technician opening in our manufacturing facility in Yankton. Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical and electrical support, preventative maintenance, service, repair, troubleshooting of multiple operating machines in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have 2 years experience or related education in the following areas: mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, troubleshooting, and machine repair. You may also be asked to assist production engineering in project work for equipment assembly and PLC ladder logic and HMI programming.
- Electro-mechanical automation system troubleshooting experience.
- An operational knowledge of automated CNC machinery which includes; motors, servo drives, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and facility transmission 3 phase power systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Understands NEC codes and knows how to apply them.
- PLC programming experience with Allen Bradley and Automation Direct products preferred.
- PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of encoders, various types of sensors and the ability to install and setup A/C drives.
- Working knowledge of power transmission equipment, bearings, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Basic welding skills
- Able to install and trouble shoot 3 phase motor control circuits
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance.
Education / Experience Preferred
- Have an Associate's degree (A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Experienced in trouble shooting mechanical systems in an industrial and robotic environment.
- Experienced in trouble shooting industrial electrical control systems.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, with ability to learn various CAD systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours this will include; shift work, overtime and scheduled rotation on call times.
Applied offers competitive wages and benefits including:
Flexible Hours, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Sick Leave, Vacation, STD, LTD, Vision, 401(k) with match, Bonus Program
Applications are being taken or resume can be sent along with salary requirement in confidence to:
Applied Engineering, Inc, 2008 East Hwy 50, Yankton, SD 57078
Applied Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required