The Quality Engineer plays an essential role in our business acting as a liaison between Applied Engineering and our external customers. This position also interacts with our internal customers to provide guidance on external customers’ requirements. This individual is a proven performer with high attention to detail and possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain control of several projects at once.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for sustaining an ongoing understanding of customer and industry requirements that apply to specific needs of our customers
- Responsible for understanding external customer requirements and providing guidance on these requirements to the Applied Engineering team
- Responsible for performing self-release and product/process review functions according to customer requirements
- Responsible for developing and implementing quality assurance procedures to be used by quality and others to perform inspection functions.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving new part or revised shop routers, quoted parts, work instructions, BOMs, and other documents to confirm the routers and work instructions, when performed, will achieve compliance to the customer specifications
- Responsible for participating in developing and implementing statistical methods for process controls, problem solving, and process capability analysis
- Responsible for identifying trends in quality performance, identify areas for improvement, and actively participate in the corrective action process, as well as proposing changes to improve the company’s performance
- Participate in the setting up and facilitation of gage studies/MSA when needed
- Participate as a trainer for the various training requirements, as well as informally working with others to develop their skills
- Participate in the development process for mandated tools by our customers such as APQP, PPAP, Quality Clinic, and other tools when called upon
- Must be able and willing to engage in various improvement activities on the plant floor and out of the office
- Other duties as required
- Four year degree and/or have five or more years work experience in a manufacturing environment. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer and at least 5 years of experience in a Quality Engineering role or closely related field would be a plus
- Must have a practical understanding and proficiency in engineering drawing interpretation to include GD&T requirements
- Must have an understanding and application knowledge of statistical methods including SPC, MSA, and machine capability studies
- Individual must be able to work with little to no supervision after initial training period, showing a high degree of initiative and self-motivation. Must demonstrate consistently being a good example of providing informal leadership and excellent work ethic
- Strong reading, writing, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Must possess strong computer skills, with experience in Word, Excel, and other windows based software. Must be able to accurately and efficiently generate instructions, reports, etc.
- The ability to teach and train others in a coach or mentor role as needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information
This is a day shift position. It can be anticipated that some activities may require daily or weekend scheduling requirements as well as night shift assignments such as training, audits, etc. It may also include travel with overnight stays.
This position will interact with both internal and external customers, as well as suppliers.
This position may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 30 pounds as needed to complete part analysis.
This position requires an annual near and color vision exam (company paid).
For more information on the position or to receive an electronic application, e-mail Bridget.Benson@appliedeng.com, No Phone calls, please
Applied offers competitive wages and benefits including:
Flexible Hours, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Sick Leave, Vacation, STD, LTD, Vision, 401(k) with match, Bonus Program
Applications are being taken at the following locations:
- Applied Engineering, Inc, 2008 East Hwy 50, Yankton, SD 57078
- Yankton Career Center, 3113 Spruce St., Yankton, SD 57078
Post-offer drug screen and background checks are required